If you are looking for the best high chair for your 4-month-old baby, then you are one of the few parents who really care for their little one.
How do I know this?
Most parents are only looking for the best high chair, some of which might not be right for their babies after all.
Not many want to put the time into searching for the most suitable high chair for their baby.
Understandably, it can take a lot of effort and prowess, especially for those who are buying for the first time.
Now that you know how sweet you are, there are a couple of things you need to consider.
Best Features for the Best High Chair for 4 Month Old
1. Recline Positions
Choose a high chair that comes with different positions so your baby can relax and eat comfortably in it.
Your baby can even fall asleep inside and you can leave them in a lying position since it’ll be comfortable as long as it remains in the reclined position.
Most high chairs from 4 months old have come with divergent features.
So, if you can get one of them that have adjustable positions, then that’ll be great. It’ll definitely add comfort to your baby’s feeding while in the chair.
2. Different Height Adjustments
Whether you’re looking for a high chair for a 6-month-old baby or for a 5-month-old, having this feature is paramount.
Therefore, look for high chairs with a number of heights. This will allow you to feed your baby from different locations.
Sometimes, you may want to feed your baby from the sofa. And at other times, you want him/her to be at the dining table with you. All of that is possible with a high chair with height options.
3. Removable Tray Liner
There should be a removable tray on the chair. After your baby’s done eating, you can take out the dirty one on top and clean it as well as the one underneath.
Another thing to look for is those that have trays that wraps around your baby and not just in the front.
This will catch any food that escapes from your baby’s mouth, so your floor is not messed up.
4. Plastic Chairs are Best
Unless you’re specifically looking for a stylish high chair, plastic high chairs are still the best. They are easier to clean the supposedly good looking ones.
And are also more versatile. You also want to bother with color or similar frivolities but instead on the quality and performance of their chair.
5. Choosing the Right One
It’s easy to find the best high chair for 6 months old. Or the best high chair for 3 months old and even chairs for 5-month-old babies.
But, what about those ones for a 4-month-old baby? A lot of these are available and from reputable brands too. The most popular one is Graco high chairs and booster seats.
And since you’re only looking for chairs for older babies, it’s easy to get one. And with the recommendations here, choosing the right one should be straightforward.
Now that you understand some of the important features to look at, here are the recommended models for you:
Best High Chair for 4 Month Old (Reviews & Ratings)
1. Graco Slim Spaces Highchair, Alden
The Graco Slim Spaces Highchair is one of the best you can get for your 4-month-old baby. Not only does it grow with your baby, but it’s easily one of the cheapest on the market.
When folded, this chair is small and compact.
This makes it easy to put it away for storage. And it’s easy to open and close too, so you aren’t going to spend too much time trying to put away or bring out for use.
The high chair comes with a reclining seat too.
This is a great option for babies that are just learning to use the sippy cup as well as feeding from bottles. The cup holder on the tray helps keep things organized.
The Graco Slim Spaces Highchair has an adjustable footrest. This is enough to keep your baby comfortable and stay longer in the seat.
This can buy you some time when you are busy before attending to your little one. And yes, you can leave your baby in it for some time.
This chair has a 5-point harness system that keeps the baby secure and safe.
Verdict on the Graco Slim Spaces Highchair
One of the complaints of parents is that there aren’t a lot of colors to choose from. If you are looking for a specific color or style, you may be disappointed in this unit as it doesn’t have all of that.
However, the quality of performance will show that you’ve done well by buying this.
Another complaint by other parents is that of the design, which to be honest, is poor. The “snack tray” is a major design flaw in the unit, and most likely be adjusted in the next version of the high chair.
Some find it difficult to get their baby in and out of the high chair. The problem to this is to push the seat a bit back and let your slide in.
2. Graco Blossom 6-in-1 Convertible Highchair
As the name suggests, the Graco Blossom 6-in-1 Convertible Highchair is one of the best convertible high chairs you’ll find out there.
One thing that most parents love about it is the nice transitional phases it presents. Thus, it can grow with your little one right from 4 months up to 6 years of age.
You can start with the infant high chair for your baby until the age of one. This will provide a convenient seat for him/her to eat.
Once your baby outgrows it, mostly at the age of two, you can convert it to a traditional high chair. This is more accommodating.
It’ll come with more space for your baby as well as more legroom for additional comfort.
As your baby grows and reaches 3 years of age, you’ll now be able to use the booster seat with them. Once set up, your baby can eat at the dining table with you, properly restrained and secured.
Finally, when your baby clocks 4 or 5 years of age, you’ll be able to use the toddler booster or youth chair.
You won’t need the harness system since, at this stage, your child is old enough to do without that.
If you give birth to another baby while your older baby is still growing, you can use it for both of them at the same time.
The infant chair for the younger kid while the older one can hang out in the booster seat. This not only reduces the cost of buying new ones, but it also keeps your house neat and tidy.
3. Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair with Tray
Another great high chair for your 4-month-old baby is the Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair with Tray. It’s sturdy and strong, which is great if your baby rocks a lot on their high chair.
Because of the strong base, the legs of the chair isn’t going to come off the ground.
Cleaning is easy to. Both seat and straps on the chair can be cleaned. The straps are especially easier to clean as you can wash them in the dishwasher.
The unit features a footrest where your little one can place their leg so the foot isn’t dangling when your baby’s grown up.
It’s easy to put the baby into the seat, which is kind of good for quickly sliding the baby in or out. And since the seat can be adjusted, you can position your baby properly for each meal.
The tray on the high chair has a plastic part, which makes it easy to remove with just one hand. The seat also has a harness system.
This helps in keeping the baby well secured to the unit. It is not much you can do with the tray though since it has only two settings.
But once you figure out those two, you probably may not be looking for anything extra.
You may find the buckle on the harness don’t click into place sometimes, so that may affect how fast you get your baby into the seat.
One thing you should realize is that the feeding of young children can be affected by how they seat.
If your baby is very comfortable in their seat, they’re likely going to be receptive to food, especially when they are just starting out their solid. So, choosing a good high chair like this one is the way to go.
One of the great things about this unit is good support and stability. This is important for proper oral and motor functioning as your baby needs to be comfortable when eating and swallowing.
4. Fisher-Price SpaceSaver High Chair
This is another 4-month baby chair that’s worth looking at.
Fortunately, this high chair is from Fisher-Price, one of the most reputable brands when it comes to high chairs suitable for 4-month-old.
To help you decide if this is for you or not, here is a closer look at some of the features of the chair:
Dishwasher-safe feeding tray
There are a lot of features on this chair for a 4-month-old baby. But out of these, the feeding tray is outstanding.
It can easily be washed in the dishwasher. Thus, it can save you a goldmine of time and effort in cleaning it up.
There are some moms who don’t have the time to do any handwashing. While some others just don’t have the strength to do it.
And that’s quite true. If you’re busy with other important household chores, it can easily become boring just thinking about washing the feeding tray on your baby’s high chair.
If this describes you, then you’ll enjoy this chair since it makes life easier.
Easy to clean
The first thing worth mentioning here is the seat. It’s easy to clean.
I’m sure you’ll cherish a high chair that you can wipe clean with a sanitizing wipe. Or if you have some time on your hand, you can use water and soap.
Whichever method you go for, keeping your baby’s feeding environment clean will only get easier with this model.
Aside from that, the seat doesn’t have space where crumbs can hide. This can greatly reduce the cleaning time of the chair.
Unlike other chairs with dreadful cleaning steps, a single wipe may be what you need to keep this clean.
It’s not easy to come by a high chair that’s easy to clean. And having one that’s not expensive too is just like a blessing. Isn’t it wise to grab one quickly when you come across it?
Features adjustable 3-point harness
The first point about the harness system is that it’s quite easy to use. The second point is that it makes it easy to secure your baby so he/she can feed in peace.
And it’s durable too, so you don’t have to change at regular intervals. And since it’s adjustable, you can easily get your baby secured, safe, and in the right shape. So that there is no inconvenience at mealtime.
Finally, the high chair can be strapped and secured to most dining chairs. Plus it’s a great model for heavier/larger babies.
As you have seen from the foregoing paragraphs, choosing the best high chair for 4 months old is not difficult.
All you have to do is know and understand the features they offer you and which one is more suitable for your baby.
At this stage, you’ll probably be spoilt with choice, even though you’ve narrowed down a bit. This can make your decision a very difficult one.
Fortunately, we’ve carried out the research and chosen the most suitable one for your baby. Now, just choose one that fits in your preferences and budget.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon:
- Slim & portable Folding design: By folding down to just 4 inches Thick and weighing only 10 lbs, The popup saves precious space in your kitchen and makes...
- Comfortable cushioned seat: The popup's soft, padded leatherette seat and 3-point safety harness ensure that baby is comfortable while they eat, play, and...
- Easy to clean: The removable top-rack dishwasher safe tray is easy to clean and the leatherette seat is simple to remove and wipe down.
- No hassle folding design: spend less time fussing with your high chair during mealtime with the popup's quick one-button folding design - it's ready to be...
- Safe & Secure: the 3-point harness and stable legs make sure that baby can't wiggle their way out of or tip over the chair while they're in it. Ages 6-36...
- 6 Growing Stages from Infant to Big Kid
- Stage 1: Infant Highchair with 3 recline positions provides the right position for baby's comfort
- Stage 2: Traditional Highchair with a machine-washable seat pad
- Stage 3: Infant Booster attaches to a dining room chair to bring baby right up to the table
- Stage 4: Toddler Booster provides the perfect seat as your baby grows, for use at home or on the go
- Safe and Comfortable Details: The safety and comfort of your little one is our priority, so we made sure the A-shape structure, adjustable legs and...
- Compact& Easy to Clean: Highchair dimensions (L x W x H): 21.7 x 23.8 x 37.9 inch Max weight: 50KG Appropriate for babies ages 6 months and up. The tray is...
- Skin-friendly Materials: Made of sleek breech hardwood and BPA-free plastic, will not harm your baby’s health. Smooth seats which wrapped in premium...
- 3-Position Tray & Higher : Our chair contains a 3-position eating tray allows you to choose the best one to fit your baby. Besides, our baby chair is...
- Fashion Modern Style: The classic and sophisticated look will surely be a beautiful addition to your home. The simple and modern style will fit into any...
- 【4 in 1 Convertible High Chair:】 With the various needs of the baby's growth and change, we have specially designed a multifunctional high chair, which...
- 【5 Point Safety Belt and Type a Stable Structure】: The adjustable 5-point safety belt fully ensures the safety of the baby sitting alone in the high...
- 【Simple Assembly and Easy Cleaning】: We will provide you with detailed instructions and all necessary accessories. You can easily complete the assembly...
- 【2 Adjustable and Detachable Tray】: 2 Adjustable position is to provide more comfortable space for the fast-growing baby. At the same time, in order to...
- 【Safety and Environmental Protection Materials】: This multifunctional highchair is made of safety material which is non-toxic and tasteless, so as to...