Only the best racing simulator cockpits are made to last. Many low-quality products now flood the market. But their best alternatives are made with high weight capacity, folding versatility, and low weight practicality. The added all-metal construction also keeps these gaming fittings on the list of long-lasting PC or consoles’ accessories.
Considerations Choosing Simulator Cockpits
Making the right choice should not be complicated. Most users need to check space availability before deciding on the purchase. Luckily, there’s a good selection of compact racing simulator cockpits to choose from at the moment. More robust alternatives include designs that also hold monitors. Here’s what else users need to count on.
- Seat design
The design of the seat is arguably the most important element of the simulator cockpit. It is here the user sits for hours. An uncomfortable seat leads to various posture problems which may become permanent in time.
Most seats are ergonomic. But there are differences in cushioning materials and covers. For many, having breathable materials such as those made out of textiles is the most important aspect. Others only value leather and synthetic leather alternatives.
- Folding capacity
Those who don’t have a dedicated gaming room or at least dedicated space within a room will struggle to justify the racing simulator cockpit purchase. However, others have plenty of space for them.
Folding cockpits are a happy medium in most situations. Nobody says gamers can’t enjoy immersive racing and driving experiences. But when fun time is over, these folding cockpits might go away into storage. The foldable design is also often lighter. This is specifically for mobility as they need to be lightweight to put in an out of storage.
- Third-party compatibility
All cockpits need to work with the desired steering wheels and pedals. But only a handful of simulators are compatible with any of these steering wheels. The best future proof purchase is the one that involves maximum compatibility that supports any type of steering wheel upgrades.
- Other options
List of the Best Kids Racing Simulator Cockpit
1 . OpenWheeler GEN2
With an included racing seat and a frame, this cockpit is one of the leading deals for versatility. It takes all types of steering wheels. This includes Thrustmaster and Logitech products. Upon arrival, users note everything is nicely packaged in multiple boxes. Without investing in solid tools, they are still able to put it together in a matter of minutes.
Inside the pack, there’s a racing seat as well. As you’d expect, it’s based on an ergonomic design. There’s plenty of upper back support and lateral support is fantastic as well. That sinking feeling you get in racing cars is correctly replicated here.
With included leg rest and support for the pedals, it is ready to offer immersive action that many gamers would love. It may also be an inspired gift idea for the true gamer.
2. Playseat Revolution
Made with an ergonomic seat this combination is among the space-saving options for home use. Its folding seat offers gamers the ability to quickly put it back into storage while not in use. Other cockpits don’t have this option. As a result, the Playseat Revolution is among the options for apartments, basements or any gaming locations with limited space.
A footrest and a steering wheel-rail are also included. But it’s the seat that takes the spotlight. Made with Alcantara leather, it looks fantastic. For some, it’s a throwback to old Renault or Subaru racing cars. It comes with an efficient ergonomic design. With a high backrest, it offers support for the tall gamer as well as for the short gamer.
3. Fanatec Forza Motorsport
The full metal construction of this licensed simulator cockpit is impressive. Those seeking future proof products find it appealing. Of course, all this metal comes with extra weight. But the advantage of higher weight is having gaming accessories that feel solid instead of feeling like simple plastic toys.
The anodized steel finish is one to offer inspiration to many. Alongside the panel and the steering wheel, there are perforations which may be used for custom buttons. Practically, there are endless buttons that may be added.
This then means users can attribute all types of actions to these buttons. Cars that shoot or which are heavily customized may be driven easier. But truck simulators are also proving considerably more realistic. With the high weight of 90kg for the load cell alone, gamers might be enjoying one of the most robust cockpits of the moment.
4. Playseat Forza Motorsports PRO
While this is marketed as a console cockpit, it also works for PC gaming. It might only be called a chair but it has the extra functionality which gives it a racing orientation. The main rail supports all types of licensed and third party steering accessories. The footrest also takes various sizes and various weight pedals.
The chair is made to offer proper cushioning and versatility. It folds down completely. As a result, you may even be able to store it under a table when not in use. But this is certainly not going to be the case for long. The inviting chair with proper lateral support and added headrest ventilation is surely comfortable to sit in for long hours. Unfortunately, it’s only available on black as some gaming girls note.
5. Logitech G29 Driving Force
This dual motor design has been specifically made for PS3 and PS4 games. Now, it’s nothing new to Logitech fans. However, users coming from other brands find it very appealing. This is mainly down to how this setup makes the user feel.
There’s plenty of room for good racing sensations while using the bundle. The steering wheel comes packed with PS-inspired controls. Gear changing can be made on a semi-automatic basis. But users may also consider the additional manual steering shifter that impresses all.
Based on durable steel bearings, the setup is also expected to last longer than others. Gamers who prefer to sit in the cockpit for hours need such solid parts to ensure the longevity of their console or PC accessories.
6. APIGA AP2
This is a unique approach to this segment of gaming accessories. The manufacturer calls it’s the world’s first dual-pole design. It certainly resembles a traditional gaming table. But the dual-pole design means there’s extra stability to count on as well.
It only takes a few minutes to assemble this original design. The steering wheel and the pedals are easily connected. There’s a special lower platform that acts as a gear shift mount. It has valuable ergonomics as the hand doesn’t need to be higher all the time.
This unique stricter also folds down completely. Since it has this versatility, it can slide under some beds or the gaming desk when gaming is over. With a maximum weight of 13kg when loaded with accessories, it is not too heavy to move around the house without any additional help.
7. GTR Simulator
This simulator is not as versatile when it comes to storage. Its chair is the only part which folds flat. But it does offer one of the most solid structures to race on. There’s a solid steering wheel platform to count on. A lower position gear shift mount is also added to the cockpit.
With the feet comfortably on the footrest, the player gets all the control needed for an immersive driving experience. The design of this immersive driving accessory doesn’t limit the functionality of some of the most impressive steering wheels. Even those turning to 900 degrees are comfortable to use here.
The seat is made with proper head and lateral support. Ventilation holes are added to the upper backrest. It works to improve the comfort of those who prefer to sit and play for hours. But at the same time, the synthetic leather cover is very easy to clean. Those who tend to sweat a lot can easily wipe it clean unlike with full textile fiber alternatives.
This simple alternative might be one of the leading choices in small spaces. Simply installing a larger simulator in small spaces might not be possible. Mophorn comes to combat these issues. It might even be used from a regular office chair or directly from the bed.
There’s a single rail to customize. It goes up and down, according to the user’s height. However, this still simulator also folds completely flat. When the foot pedals are removed, it may slide under a bed. But there’s also a bit more room for versatility than many would expect from such a minimalistic design. The platform for the gear shift mount may be added to any side for ambidextrous users.
9. Next Level Racing
As far as adjustability goes, Next Level Racing listened to its users. The platform now offers improved versatility even for the most pretentious racer. For example, there are 8 standing feet mounted on its frame. All of these feet come with adjustable height. This then means that if a part of the cockpit is on the carpet and another directly on the floor, it will stay lay completely flat with a bit of tweaking.
Since its first release, the simulator also comes with 3 new levels of angle adjustability. Some simply needed to be further away from the seat to reach the steering wheel. This problem has now been officially eliminated
A seat slider has also been included. This is useful for horizontal adjustments. Taller users need to push the seat way back. Shorter users need to bring it to the front of the simulator. With such levels of adjustability, the immersive experience might be hard to match.
There are a few drawbacks to consider in terms of ergonomics, though. While there’s a lumbar support pillow included in the pack, laterals support on the seat is non-existent. This is not needed. However, some prefer seats with lateral support for a more real life-like driving experience.
10. GTR GTA-F
As far as compatibility goes, the GTA-F is a market leader. Not many simulator cockpits can take monitors. But GTR ensured this is a reality with their release. Form one to 3 monitors, users can install their displays right on the simulator. Being closer to the screen also means users have the freedom to simply lay back and relax, without having to hunch over in an unnatural sitting position when playing for hours.
A seat is also included in the pack. It is made according to ergonomic principles. Among them, the extra lateral support and the high backrest prove to be its biggest benefits. Its memory foam cushioning also proves a nice addition for those who need to lay comfortably in the seat for the whole day.
With all-metal construction, the setup is a bit more permanent than its alternatives listed above. This is the sole reason why it’s not the best choice in small rooms. But those who have space for such a permanent setup might not regret the purchase, especially since it requires zero updates with its all-in-one design.
11. Next Level Racing GTultimate V2
This unique design is made with 2 parts that separate for storage purposes. This can’t be seen on any other simulators based on the patent Next Level Racing holds. But its not just about storage practicality.
The seat is one of the widest in its class. It even includes a 4-point safety harness to offer that racing sensation in the comfort of the home.
However, this may also be the starting platform of the ultimate simulator. For example, it takes all the Next Level accessories for cockpits, such as TV or monitor stands. With a high weight capacity of up to 300lbs, it holds all users with a unique design made out of 2 parts that only need 2 bolts to lock together.
With its ergonomic design and breathable seat, this cockpit proves comfortable. The added breathability works during changing temperatures even during the summer when indoor ventilation needs to work the most.
Best Budget Pick
This cockpit is small but very sturdy. It has impressive versatility for its price. Gamers might use it on all consoles such as the Xbox One games, PS4, PS3, etc.
Here are some other options available on today’s market:
- Next Level Racing hubs allow for quick adjustments and solid durability
- Adjustable wheel, Gear shifter and pedal positions and angle; Gear shifter support included and can be installed on left or right side
- Seat Made with highly-breathable fabric allowing for maximum comfort; Easy to store and portable
- Hard mounting solutions for wheel, Gear shifters and pedals for rigid racing
- Compatible with all major wheel and pedals and Pre-drilled for Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatic
- Includes triple monitor stand, pre-drilled mounts for pedals, throttle / shifter, wheel, yoke, or HOTAS controls. Can be easily adjusted to recreate a...
- Perfect for casual gaming, iRacing, flight simulators, as a professional training aid, or as the ultimate workstation! Track-ready racing seat ensures...
- Completely modular and includes all hardware necessary for a quick and easy installation. Compatible with GTM Motion Simulator 2DoF unit
- Sim racing fun for the whole family - Can comfortably accommodate drivers from 32 inches tall up to 7 feet and 250 lbs. The perfect gift that will grow...
- Customizable design that features 180 degrees of adjustability, is rock solid and has been tailored to fit the home environment. | Unit Weight 70 lbs....
- ✔️ THIS PRODUCT IS READY TO HOLD DIRECT DRIVE WHEELS AND LOAD CELL PEDALS
- ✔️ Precision Manufactured No-Flex Carbon Steel Chassis - ROCK SOLID PERFORMANCE! Compatible and drilled for all major brands, including Logitech,...
- ✔️ Wide racing seat with thick padding, seat sliders and angle adjustment with Rugged Wheel Deck - Height, tilt & depth adjustable. Extremely rugged...
- ✔️FULL OF ACCESSORIES - Integrated TV Stand with back tray for console or PC. Suitable for TV sizes up to 50" (ESR Proprietary Design) / Shifter Mount...
- ✔️ Rubber leveling base, perfect for stability / High quality hardware with Non-Stick Polyurethane Bushings to prevent metal-on-metal sticking during...
- Better Gaming Experience: With GTRACING racing simulator stand, you can update your gaming set up and enjoy real immersive gaming experience at home.
- Wide Compability: Predrilled and compatible for all major brands! Logitech Wheels: G25, G27, G29, G920; Thrustmaster: T300RS, TX F458, T500RS; Mad Catz...
- Durable Construction: This stand is designed with steel frame and stable structure. It's built to last with a heavy, sturdy industrial construction.
- Fully Adjustable: The height and angle of the stand is adjustable to meet different needs and provide more comfortable and flexible experience. Gear...
- Compact & Easy Assembly: It's compact, easy to move or store away. Perfect for users that have limited space but still demand a realistic driving...
- COMPACT, EASY TO MOVE, EASY TO STORE AWAY
- GEAR SHIFTER MOUNT INCLUDED FOR EITHER LEFT OR RIGHT HAND SIDE USE
- ALL MOUNTING HARDWARE AND TOOLS INCLUDED. READY TO USE RIGHT OUT THE BOX
- ELECTRONIC CONTROLS AND ADD-ON OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES SOLD SEPARATE. DESIGNED, ASSEMBLED AND PACKAGED WITH ATTENTION TO DETAIL IN USA
- Durable steel frame with a fully-adjustable genuine racing seat with OPTIONAL arm rests (sold separately).
- Monitor mounts for single (up to 50") or triple monitor (up to 32") set-up
- Dual left and right yoke/shifter mounts pre-drilled for Saitek throttle quadrant(s), trim wheel, Saitek X-52 and X-56, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Logitech...
- Universal yoke/steering wheel/avionics table pre-drilled for Saitek Pro Flight yoke and avionics, Logitech G27/G29/G920 and Thrustmaster T500RS racing...
- Center stick mount predrilled for Saitek X-52, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, and an adjustable rudder/racing pedal base pre-drilled for Logitech G27/G29/G920...
- Patented design that is Rock solid, yet folds in only seconds
- Allows everything to be in a realistic racing position with no annoying pole between your legs
- Completely adjustable wheel, Gear shifter and pedal positions - Gear shifter can be mounted on left or right sides
- Numerous accessories to upgrade to the ultimate racing or flight motion cockpit
- Compatible with all major wheel and pedals. Pre-drilled for Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatic wheels