Whether you’re a new mother or an experienced one, baby blankets are a very important item in your baby’s nursery.
Fortunately, there are so many choices for you.
You can choose based on color, fabric, and texture, so it’s easy finding something that’ll suit your baby. And if you are specifically looking for one to use in winter, you’ve come to the right place.
Compared to other baby gears you’ll buy, you’ll soon discover that baby blankets are used more frequently and longer.
And not only do they come in different sizes and styles, but they are versatile so you can use them in different ways.
In this article, you’ll learn about some of the nice things you can do with blankets and the best one to choose for winter.
First, here are some ideas for you.
Baby Blanket Gift Ideas
As promised, there are a few things you can do with your baby swaddle blanket and one of these is gift ideas.
Here are are some ideas for you to try out:
1. Embroidered Baby Blankets
You don’t necessarily need to be a pro to make an embroidered baby blanket, so that puts you in the category of people that make this into a gift for family and friends.
All you have to do is buy a blanket with a simple yet plain design, then work on making it embroidered.
If you want it fast, you can hire someone to embroider it with any information you want such as the baby’s name, height, or anything that’s memorable.
When done properly, the mother (or anyone) you are gifting it to is definitely going to cherish it.
Moreover, it doesn’t always have to be for a new mother. It could be for someone expecting (as a shower basket) or some with their third child.
As you can see, aside from using them for your own child’s warmth in winter, baby blankets can also be wonderful gifts for others.
2. Baby Blanket Cake
Want your baby to become calm? Wrap them in a soft wool baby blanket.
Because they can keep your baby warm in winter and don’t feel scratchy, it’s easy for your baby to relax in them.
Most baby blankets are made from plush cotton, which is soft and comfortable on most skins so your baby is likely to love them.
When looking for a blanket to use, go for one that’s eco-friendly, natural and organic.
With this, you’ll be able to create a healthy and harmonious environment for your baby, free from harmful substances from the fabric.
Best Baby Blanket for Winter [Reviews & Rating]
1. Hudson Baby Double Layer Blanket
If you’re reading this, it means you know the importance of having a baby blanket, especially during winter. One of the best ones you’ll find on the market is the Hudson Baby Double Layer Blanket.
It measures 30 x 40 inches. And while it won’t fit a twin-sized bed, it’s a normal baby blanket that’s big enough to accommodate most babies.
It’s made of polyester with one side fully soft fleece and the other side fluffy velboa. Compared to other blankets, it doesn’t leave fuzz on your baby, which is neat.
This blanket is not only warm but also soft and cozy. So when you put your baby into it, it feels gentle on your baby’s skin.
Being gentle on the skin prevents irritation, thus ensuring that your baby snuggles well and sleep much faster, especially in cold weather.
In addition, the Hudson blanket is durable, so it’ll stay with you for a long time.
You’ll enjoy the ability to put it to use every day. And since it’s machine washable, it makes your life so much easier when it comes to washing and cleaning.
Moreover, it’s made from high-quality material, so washing it doesn’t change its color nor does the print on it fade out. Even if you wash it in warm water, it’ll still maintain its luster.
You can use this as a nursing cover, stroller cover, or just a cuddly sleeping blanket. It isn’t too heavy but instead lightweight and flexible, which makes it easy on your baby and simple for you to use.
In addition, it’s breathable, so it’s useful for newborn babies and infants. You can also use it during the summer, so you’re not restricted to using it only in winter.
This blanket is most suitable for indoor use and should not be used for keeping your baby warm while camping on cool nights. It’s also not big enough for a toddler but can fit in the bottom of a playpen.
2. Ziggy Baby Muslin Swaddle Blankets
The Ziggy Baby Muslin Swaddle Blankets come in the right size for swaddling. They are quite large, which ensures they grow with your baby.
One great thing about it is that it’s more than just for swaddling. You can use sit for a variety of other things like covering the stroller to keep the sun out, using it as a blanket for infant and toddler, and a host of other things.
These blankets are gender-neutral. Whether you are nurturing a baby boy or girl, you’ll find one that’ll suit them.
And because they are available in different styles and colors, you’ll be able to find one that’ll suit your baby’s personality.
And when your baby finally outgrows it, you can easily repurpose it for your next child, whether they are a boy or girl.
The blanket keeps your baby warm moderately. So there isn’t any harm to staying in them as much as your baby needs to warm up. They are soft and you can even double fold them for more warmth.
Again, this is both lightweight and breathable, so there is no risk of suffocation. This is great if you have a small baby who sleeps only when the swaddle blanket is drawn over their faces.
Finally, you can add this as part of a shower gift for friends, family, and well-wishers.
3. Hudson Baby Muslin Swaddle Blankets
This is another Hudson brand, great for keeping babies warm in the cold weather. Compared to the Aiden and Anais blankets, the Hudson Baby Muslin Swaddle Blankets are quite bigger and easier to swaddle.
While they aren’t as soft before wash, they get softer with more washing. So, if you are an expectant mother, you may want to wash them a few times to get them soft before your baby’s arrival.
Most muslin swaddle blankets are quite expensive but this one is not only affordable but also very soft. Compared to other brands in this category, they are cheap.
Fortunately, these blankets are very big.
So, you can have your toddler snuggle in them or just use them for swaddling your newborn or use them as nursing covers or as a light baby car seat cover.
Also, washing isn’t going to affect the quality. It also won’t make the print on it fade away, so you get to use this for a longer time.
The drawback to this Hudson brand, however, is that they are sold in sets so you can’t choose a specific one at will.
4. Burt’s Bees Baby – Beekeeper Wearable Blanket
Another great option for keeping your baby warm in winter is the Burt’s Bees Wearable Blanket. If you’re just looking for the best baby blanket for winter, the first three above will probably suffice you.
But if you want something that your baby can wear and still benefit from all the features found in the brands above, then you should take a look at this one.
It comes with a good zipper option for your baby, which can be opened right from the bottom up to make for easy diaper changes.
There is also a zipper guard and garage on it to ensure the zipper doesn’t wear out prematurely.
It’s suitable for sensitive skin and doesn’t promote overheating. This is because it’s cotton is 100% organic and it’s Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified.
One distinctive feature of this blanket is being wearable, compared to others that just wraps around the baby.
Your baby isn’t just going to be swaddled but can also walk around in them. It’s carefully sized to aid the baby’s free and safe movement in them.
It’s also safer than loose blankets if you want to use them in your baby’s crib. It comes with a lot of legroom, so your baby can wiggle and kick his/her leg which is very important for comfort.
Again, if you are looking for a wearable blanket for your baby to wear in winter, here it is. It’s sized generously and holds up well after washes.
5. HALO Sleepsack 100% Cotton Swaddle
The Halo Sleepsack Swaddle is one of the most popular blankets on the market you can get for your baby.
And it’s popular not just because it’s cheap. But because it provides an excellent and cozy environment for babies during winter.
That’s why it’s recommended by hospitals to parents who want their babies to sleep faster.
One of the distinctive features of the blanket is the double-layered padding. During winter, your baby needs more than just an ordinary one.
You need to give them a tougher cover. And that is exactly what this unit provides. It’ll bring that extra warmth to your baby, right when they need it.
Aside from the intuitive design, the blanket is 100% fabric. It’s also very soft and stretchy as well. This means your baby isn’t just going to feel comfortable in it, but also be free as he/she can wiggle unrestricted.
If your baby shrugs a lot in sleep, a soft and elastic swaddle like this one will be ideal for him/her.
Even though it’s designed for wearing for babies during winter, the unit is still sleeveless. Why? Because that sleeve can cause overheating. So, a great way of avoiding that is to not include it.
It also has an open neck and arm for a secure and safer fit for your baby. Not many will enjoy all these features.
For a reliable swaddle, that’s affordable and produced by a good brand, the Halo Sleepsack Swaddle is worth considering.
If you read this article to this place, you’ve done a good job. As a parent, you understand the importance of keeping your baby warm during the winter periods.
You know that can be achieved by providing a cozy and warm environment especially when it’s time to go to bed.
Choosing a baby blanket is one great way of ensuring your baby stays warm all through the winter nights.
Yes, you can keep your baby warm at night without piling on blankets. However, in most cases, one blanket is enough to keep your baby in a good state when sleeping.
Most parents lookout for ways of keeping their baby warm without using blankets.
While that’s good, it’s not efficient for all parents, especially if you are a busy mom who doesn’t have time for chasing after the latest trick.
That’s where the best baby blanket for winter comes in. Not only do they provide a warm sleeping environment for your baby, but they can be a great companion all through winter.
Outside of using it as a baby swaddle, baby blankets can be a unique and special baby gift for your friend, family, relatives, and the likes.
Fortunately, you can get them in a variety of colors. And they are quite inexpensive, so you can choose carefully.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other interesting picks from Amazon:
- Size: 22.4inch*18.8inch, suitable for 0-12 Month baby girls or boys, ideal for any seasons use.
- High Quality: Crafted from high quality knitting wool, with fleece lined, thick, warm, soft and comfortable to keep your baby warm.
- Our baby sleeping bags are not only beautiful but lightweight and breathable. These unisex newborn receiving blankets make a great baby shower gift set to...
- Safe baby swaddle wraps baby wrap swaddle blankets for girls or boys create a womb-like feeling for newborns and prevents startle reflex. Our Swaddles are...
- This unisex blanket can be used as baby swaddle blanket, sleeping bag, or crib wrap, baby shower gifts, christening gifts etc.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: Only the softest fabrics are used in making your dream blanket. It is lightweight and delicately designed with an iconic chevron print.
- PERFECT SIZE: The size is perfect for a newborn, infant and toddler. It’s great for cribs, car seats, strollers and for everyday use.
- SOFTEST BLANKET ON EARTH: Its luxurious feel and quality makes this blanket perfect to grow into and will keep your little one cozy for years to come.
- YOUR LITTLE ONE’S NEW BEST FRIEND: Your baby will enjoy cuddling with this super soft and fluffy blanket. This cozy blanket is an essential for your...
- EASY CARE: Easy care instructions make maintaining the quality of the blanket quick and easy. Machine wash cold gentle cycle. AIR DRY ONLY.
- PREMIUM QUALITY FABRIC: Our baby blankets are made of soft fabric that are more suitable for baby's delicate skin. Each toddler blanket features a double...
- PERFECT HOME DECORATION: Beauty flower design, better decorate your baby room. Coming in pops of color for the change in season, including cool and warm...
- VERSATILE USAGE SCENARIOS：Infant blanket in 30”x40” is perfect for Sleeping, Stroller Cover, Nursing Cover, Burp Cloth. Also great for fur babies or...
- VERSATILE NEWBORN BLANKET: HOMRITAR Blanket is just the weight to stay breathable enough that your baby won’t get hot or sweat like a quilt or comforter...
- EASY CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Machine Wash Gentle Cycle, Cold Water, Mild Detergent Safe for Delicate Baby Skin. Avoid Fabric Softeners and Bleach! Tumble Dry...
- - MULTI-USE: Swaddle, carseat blanket for Car seat or Stroller with 5 slots for 3 or 5 Point Harness System. For infants up to 26 inch, perfect for...
- - QUALITY: : Premium quality, double sided with light filling, breathable cotton on one side, super soft, minky plush on the other side. Stylish design,...
- - EASY to USE: Easy transition in and out from Stroller or Car seat, keeping the baby warm and wrapped. Your Baby is not disturbed while sleeping. If it...
- - SEASON: perfect for changing weather in spring or summer.
- Use over regular sleepwear to take the place of loose blankets. Machine wash with like colors
- Ideal for the coldest of winter nights. TOG: 2.5 Size small fits 10-18 lbs; size medium fits 16-24 lbs; size large fits 22-28 lbs.
- Unzips from the bottom for easy diaper changes. Generous sack design allows room for kicking, but cannot be kicked off so baby stays warm all night....
- Used by more than 1,250 hospital nurseries nationwide as their product of choice for teaching parents safe sleep practices. Recognized as "Hip Healthy" by...
- "Back is Best" embroidery reminds caregivers to place baby on his or her back. HALO supports non-profit organizations like First Candle/SIDS Alliance.
- SMOOTH & SILKY SOFTNESS - 100% Premium Fleece, Fuzzy & Fluffy. Creates ultimate soft and fuzzy touch to babies' sensitive skin. Compared to cotton fiber,...
- THICKER & WARMER - 300 GSM Microfiber, 0.9 Lbs/Piece. Not too light, not too heavy, it is of the right weight for all seasons, spring, summer, fall or...
- GENEROUS SIZE & PURPOSES - Measuring 40 by 50 inches, it is designed to be extra wider and longer than other competitors’ blanket. Fits babies that age...
- NEAT STITCHING & HEM - Since 1997, TILLYOU has been dedicated to designing and manufacturing baby bedding products. With generations of sourcing and...
- MACHINE WASHABLE & EASY CARE - Wash before use. Machine wash cold on gentle cycle. Tumble dry on low heat if needed. Dyed and crafted with comfort in mind,...
- Quality Material: We choose environment-friendly and safe materials that will not do harm to your baby’s skin. Flannel fabric is skin-friendly and soft.
- Soft & Cozy: Microfiber makes baby feel softer and more comfortable. It can feel warm like mother, and fluff feels smooth and gentle.
- Multiple Usage: Our blankets are perfect for baby stroller covers, care covers, car seat, etc. And it is all seasons applicable.
- Washing Guidelines: It's very easy to care for, machine washable and dry. Do not use bleach! Dry low heat. Do not iron.
- Service: The package will arrival within 10 days, If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we will solve the problem at the first time.
- A Multi-Use Baby Blanket! This baby swaddler is so many things - infant sleeping bag, baby lounge, snuggle pod, stroller or carseat canopy cover, and baby...
- Available in two gender neutral designs (polka dot or boho feathers), this cute infant sleep sack is an easy choice for baby shower gifts, infant Christmas...
- Soft Thermaplush Minky Outer with Shearling Fleece Interior Lining. Good-quality faux shearling mimics the softness and warmth of real fur. Combined with...
- Versatile for Social Butterfly Babies! This plush baby wrap can double as a baby snuggle nest when visiting friends or family, as a winter sleep sack on...
- Suitable for infants up to 12 months, this 28" x 15" polyester grey baby blanket can be used closed or partially opened in a car seat, crib, floor or...
- #1 RATED and #1 SELLING merino wool baby sleep bag in US and Canada since 2010. Creative Child's 2018 Top Choice of the Year Award & winner of Mom's Choice...
- REDUCE OR ELIMINATE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS - When baby sleeps better, so do parents. Premium fabrics for best comfort: Australian merino wool lining - 100%...
- THE ONE AND ONLY baby sleeping bag your baby will need until they turn two. Universal size: 2 months – 2 years. Optimal weight merino wool regulates body...
- MAXIMUM VERSATILITY - double shoulder snaps and two-way zipper system for easy dressing and diaper changes; Closable seat-belt slots for easy transfer...
- HIGH QUALITY product, backed by an industry leading warranty, from a US company with US customer service.
- ✔️ LUXURIOUS SOFTNESS: Comfort your little one with the amazing softness of our swaddle blanket! This baby swaddling wrap is made from premium quality...
- ✔️ Material: Crafted from high quality knitting wool, with polar fleece lined, thick, warm, soft and comfortable to keep your baby warm
- ✔️ SUITABLE for your baby from 0-112 Months.Fast closing/openning by using the buttons, and the wrap cloth can be opened completely, more convenient to...
- ✔️ MULTIPURPOSE: This ultra-soft plush swaddle blanket is extremely versatile and can be used as a stroller blanket, for the nursery, as a multipurpose...
- ✔️ PERFECT PRESENT: Order this lovely swaddle blanket for your little one or as a thoughtful gift for a soon to be mother or a baby shower, and you can...