When you’re looking for an activity table for a 1-year-old, you don’t have to settle on a mediocre model.
And yes…you don’t have to spend hundreds of hours chasing details on different models.
Of course, you have to know where to look. And that’s what this article is going to do for you.
You go through it in a couple of minutes. Select what you like from the reviewed items and…go on to read the reviews on it.
Why the Best Activity Table for 1 Year Old?
If you’re like most parents, you want to stimulate your young kid. Put them on that path to great learning and development skills.
And they’re durable too. Unlike other baby products, they don’t break down as easily.
What you spend now is likely a long-term investment.
But you know, as with anything, management is important. The fact that they’re well built and sturdy makes that easier.
But what should you look out for when selecting?
Here are some tips…
Look out for these things when selecting
First, there are a lot of these on the market. And different models are designed for different baby ages and many come in varieties of styles and sizes. This means it might not be that easy selecting an activity table for 1 year old.
Fortunately, this guide will help you find the right one. So read on…
…When selecting, ensure that the model you’re choosing is sturdy. With a steady base.
With a steady base, it won’t tip easily. And when it’s durable, you’re going to get your money’s worth.
But watch out
It shouldn’t be too heavy…especially if you like to carry it around or if you like to use it outside.
Now, it should be washable. Fortunately for you, most if not all tables are made from plastic, which means they are easy to clean.
Since babies are messy, and not ashamed to let you know, it’s good to have something that cleans with a wipe or minimal washing.
And lastly, the table should have multiple active features. This will allow for plenty of activities.
Since babies at this stage have a very short attention span, always looking for something to engage them, you want something that allows more than one venture to occupy their attention for longer.
That’s quite long, but do you get it? Good!
Let’s discuss the different models available to your baby:
Best Activity Table for 1-Year-Old: Reviews & Ratings
1. Activity Musical Learning Table
At a year old, your baby should be able to walk. Or stand properly. So getting a good activity table is essential.
And if you don’t mind the price, the Activity learning table is a good one. Compared to the VTech Activity table, it’s small and compact.
So, it’s not just good for your child. It’s also nice for traveling. If you plan to travel with your baby’s activity table, then this is the best option…owing to its portability.
It’s the perfect size for your 1-year-old baby…And your car too.
So, another worthy feature is that you can easily hang it on the wall or safety panel.
Why? This will help save space. A lot of it. When it’s time for storage.
If you’re living in a small apartment, this wouldn’t take up much space.
Not convince yet? Then check out the next one below.
2. VTech Magic Star Learning Table
Another great activity table for 1-year-olds. Yes, if you don’t like that one above, maybe this one is for you.
First, this unit comes with the great advantage that it can shut off automatically. This helps preserves battery life, first and foremost. And that means more savings as you don’t have to replace the battery, ever so regularly!
If you or your baby stay mute from it for up to one minute, it’ll power down automatically…
…And pressing a button once will bring it back up.
Second, there are a lot of activities in this unit. As the name suggests, it’s where your baby can learn, play, and engage in their motor skills.
So, if you want your baby to pick up learning cues fast, you should try this.
And like the other 1-year old activity table on this list, the legs can be removed. And so you can put your baby down to play at the table conveniently.
So, for storage, it’s easy to fold up. Just remove the legs. And store altogether in a safe place.
In terms of height, the table is around 30-40cm tall, which isn’t too tall for a one-year-old. It does present a good environment for your baby to learn and play, standing or sitting.
Finally, it’s easy to travel with. You can detach the leg and attach it to the backseat of the car.
However, some previous owners have discovered that the top part of the table is quite big, so it might not be suitable for traveling regularly…
…And if your car is small, you may have trouble getting it onboard. But if you’re just looking to take it along sometimes, then it’s not that bad.
3. Leapfrog Learn And Groove Musical Table (Frustration-Free Packaging)
There are literally hundreds of activity tables on the market right now!
But not all of them can be suitable for your young, growing baby.
Want to know which one might fit? Check out the Leapfrog Learn And Groove Musical Table.
Just like others, it’s designed to help your kid develop motor skills and good eye coordination. Two of the most important skills your baby needs at this stage.
The table comes with light-up buttons and manipulative features to keep your baby glued to it while you wipe yourself a good breakfast in the kitchen.
That’s not all. It’ll keep your baby entertained enough and keep him/her ready for more.
Let’s discuss some specific features
The table comes with detachable legs. This comes with a number of benefits.
First, if your baby isn’t standing yet, you can clip off the legs. And place the top part on the floor so your baby can play with it easily.
Second, you’ll find it’s easy to pack up when it’s time for storage. Not only will it be easy to fold up for storage, but it’ll chope into too much real estate.
…This makes it great for small spaces too. So that if you’re living in a small apartment, you can still get all the benefits.
In addition to that, the table is only 1ft tall. This is just about the right height for babies in this age range.
One thing I don’t like about the table, though, is that it’s well built and sits solidly on the floor.
While it’s possible your baby might pull up the table, don’t blame them, the table will stand firm so it’s not easily tipped over.
Giving that most babies are very active at this stage, some moms may be afraid of the table tipping over.
It’s strong enough for this not to happen regularly. Yes, it may happen, just as is the case with any other model.
One that you should know, however, is this:
The table is moveable. That is, your baby might be able to move it around IF he/she is strong. So at least, you’ll need to watch over them most of the time when they’re at the table.
Choosing the best is not just about selecting the next activity table.
It’s about understanding your baby’s needs. Evaluating your budget.
…And then choosing the EXACT one that’ll satisfy your baby’s need and under your proposed budget.
Fortunately, that isn’t difficult when you go through this article. Some of these activity centers have taken some painstaking research to come up with.
Not all tables are made equal. And some are better for your one-year-old baby than others.
Hopefully, you’ve found the one that suits you from this article.
If you have questions and you’ll like my answer right now, get it in the comment box! I read it all. And will reply once it hits my mail.
Check out some other activity tables from Amazon also:
- The Touch and Learn Activity Desk Deluxe is an interactive desk and includes five activity pages to explore that are filled with engaging content
- Extend the fun with expansion packs (each sold separately) that include a wide curriculum; LED display illustrates letter and number stroke order and how...
- Transforms from a desk into an easel and chalkboard with storage space for art supplies to encourage play and discovery; stool included
- For more ways to play, pretend to make a call on the toy telephone or listen to fun tunes on the music player; progress button reports on child's progress....
- Features 100+ vocabulary words, 20+ activities and 20+ songs and melodies; requires 4 AA batteries (not included); intended for ages 2 years and up
- Lasts for years with 2-in-1 design: Walk-around activity center or standing activity table
- Design features a removable walk-around seat
- Drum set lights up when you tap and play
- 10 tropical activities: Drum set with song and drum modes, spinning parrot, bead chaser, toucan spinner, toggling whale, surfing monkey, ratcheting turtle,...
- Catch keep baby's attention with music, lights and toys in all directions
- Baby toy develops multiple skills: The Melissa & Doug First Play Jungle Wooden Activity table features 8 different hands-on activities to help build...
- Sturdy wooden baby toy: to ensure stability, safety, and longevity, This jungle-themed play table is made from sturdy wood and features high quality...
- Jungle-themed activity play table: Our wooden table for kids features bright colors, bold patterns, and a whimsical design. The attached pieces are...
- Great gift for ages 12 months and up: The First Play Jungle Activity Table makes an ideal gift for kids ages 12 months and up. Add the Melissa & Doug First...
- “The Gold Standard in Childhood Play”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination and creativity sparking...
- Multiple activities spark baby's creativity
- Removable legs for different modes of play
- Multiple kids can play at once
- Includes 65 melodies and sounds
- Gears, color circuits, lights more
- Little ones will have a ball with our interactive activity table. Featuring two stages of play for baby and toddlers, plus 20 developmental activities,...
- A light-up piano, swirl slide and more awesome features, add to the action-packed fun.
- 20 developmental activities include: Squeaky See-Saw, Swirly Slide, Click and Spin Merry-Go-Round and Rockin’ Swing
- Light-Up Hopscotch Piano with 3 modes: music notes, songs and sounds, flash and count
- Encourages sensory development, motor skills, hand-eye coordination, cause and effect, simple counting, object permanence
- Activity Table - Game Center can identify scenes and animals while stimulating and developing motor skills and intelligence for newborn boys & girls. 9-12M
- Walker - Easy walker encourages first steps & invites babies to keep moving with inspiring music. 12-18M
- Drawing & Writing Board - Kids can draw, stamp, or just scribble on the board; encouraging their imaginations to create more fun with this magnetic doodle...
- Prevents Bow Legs - Easy-grasp handle, speed adjustment and a triangular structure make your baby's steps safe. Colleagues let the baby learn the correct...
- Gift Ideas - Great gift for infants, babies, toddlers and newborn boys & girls. You will not believe how many things this 3-in-1 learning walker can...